Here you can see the new Level-of-detail feature in action! This sphere has 2 sublevels. The sublevels get loaded in the background so they will plop-in. The lod is selected based on distance. Sadly at the moment the loading and the rendering use the same distance. It would make sense to start loading a bit earlier. When loaded the meshes
Hello All. I found the earlier theme somewhat annoying. Therefore I switched to a new theme. This one is faster and cleaner. From now on I will also post the latest news on this website again and share it via facebook. Have Fun! Ulrich
Hi all just a few words here. For latest news on this project, please see the projects facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/thenativeweb And by the way the input milestone is done. I’m going for 2D rendering now.
To do the android version the right way I went for implementing proper resource handling first. It also defined the pathes where the native web binary will be stored and the different apps.
Project for Android nearly complete. Jenkins CI Server installed and ready to compile. Still have some header issues. Static configurations needed. Architecture for Input is also really far. Implementation can start soon. Next steps are: Finalizing Android builds. Adding static linking configuration to projects and run this configs on Jenkins. Implementing Input
Finally the Linux Version is ready to render. The screenshot is taken from a Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca. With OpenGL 3.0 from Mesa.
Finally the linux version is compiling and linking and I can debug. There is still one issue left. The SDL Window cannot be created. And fails with an error. But this should be fixed soon.
I started an official Native Web Supporter Event. Where supporters are invited to contribute to my Indiegogo Campaign. You can also join it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/649726441820657
The Indiegogo campaign is now online! You’ll find it under https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/native-web/x/9126349 If possible please support it!
Started implementation of OpenGL (4). File creation and first refactoring done. Updated Glew. Context creation added as well as setting buffers to GPU.